Last updated: July 2020
- Your Acceptance
- Information We Collect
- Our Information Use
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Cookies and Web Beacons
- Accessing, Reviewing, and Changing your Personal Information
- Confidentiality and Security
- Third-Party Practices
- Regarding Children
- Additional Terms
- We collect Non-Personal Information and Personal Information (each defined below) from you in two ways: information that you give to us, or information that we collect from your use of our Services.
- We may share your Personal Information with third-parties in limited situations, as necessary to provide you with aspects of our Services. To learn more about our rights to share your information, please see the section titled “Information Sharing and Disclosure” below.
- You can review and update your Personal Information by contacting us at email@example.com.
- We use commercially reasonable efforts to secure your information, but we cannot guarantee, nor should you expect, that your information will remain secure at all times and in all circumstances.
- We have special concerns about the privacy of users who are minors (users under the age of 18), as further addressed in the section titled “Regarding Children” below. Our Services are not directed to children under 18.
Section 2. Your Acceptance.
Section 3. Information We Collect.
Higher Digital collects information from you in two ways: information you give to us, and information that we gather from your use of our Services, each as more specifically described below. Such information is made up of “Personal Information” and “Non-Personal Information.”
“Personal Information” means information that personally identifies you, such as your first and last name, email address, physical address, telephone number, billing information, or social security number.
“Non-Personal Information” means information that does not specifically identify you.
Information you give to us.
Businesses who wish to partner with us, advertise with us, or participate in our Services in any other way may be asked to provide information such as a business name, website URL, telephone number, physical address, email address, description of business, service areas, business category and/or keyword information, credit card information, and other contact information (collectively, “Business Information”). Business Information may also include a business’s opt-in to receive additional information regarding services that we or our Partners may provide. Some Business Information may be Personal Information. If this information is collected by us or our partners via telephone, you acknowledge that we or our partners may be recording your telephone call for our training or quality control purposes during such call.
Information we gather from your use of our Services.
We, like many websites and applications, collect information about what parts of our Services you use and how you use them. Information we may gather includes, but is not limited to:
- Computer or browser information such as your system activity, the domain name of the web site from which you linked to our Services, the time and duration of your use of our Services and any queries, browser type, and browser language.
- Device information such as your hardware model, operating system, operating system version, mobile device type, unique identifiers from your computer or mobile device, application download information, and/or IP address.
- Location information such as your geolocation when you use our Services from a mobile device and/or mobile application. We may ask for you to manually provide precise location information or to enable your mobile device to send us precise location information.
Please see the section titled “Cookies and Web Beacons” below for more information regarding what cookies are and how you can manage them as part of your use of our Services. We may also use unique identifiers, Flash cookies, web beacons, web server log information, or other technologies to collect information about you. In addition to the information that we collect from you for our own Services, we may collect information from you for third parties for purposes such as ad targeting, optimization and reporting.
Section 4. Our Use of Information We Collect
We collect information from you and our other users pursuant to the following legitimate business interests: We use such information to administer our business activities and to measure and improve our Services. Information is also used to fulfill your requests, conduct research, and develop new services and/or offer additional products and services to our visitors. For example, Higher Digital may use your IP address to determine which language to use when displaying web pages available through the Services. In addition, information collected from end-users may be used in aggregate form to, among other things, determine the total number of end-users who are using our Services, prepare utilization reports for our Partners (as defined below), diagnose and fix compatibility problems or other problems with our Services, and perform statistical analyses to enable us to build higher quality, more useful online Services. We may use your information to process information requests you submit, to make you aware of new or other Services that we offer, or to help conduct surveys to assess and improve our Services, business and related products and services. If you submit a request for information about Higher Digital through our Services, we may use your e-mail address to assist you with any issues you may have or to send you an e-mail that gives you the opportunity to elect to receive periodic e-mail alerts from Higher Digital regarding developments at the company.
We may also use your e-mail address to send you important notices. Since this information is important to your use of our Services, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
We use Business Information to create accounts for businesses, to communicate changes to the Services, to improve the Services, to provide anonymous reporting for our internal purposes and for reporting to third-parties, and to market Higher Digital products and services, and those services of our Partners to such businesses.
We may combine your Personal Information that we have with other information that we obtain from business partners or other companies. We may also combine your Personal Information with Non-Personal Information. If we do so, the combined information will be treated as Personal Information for as long as it remains combined.
Section 5. Information Sharing and Disclosure.
In providing our Services to you, we may find it necessary to share your information with partner organizations or independent third-party service providers (collectively, “Third Parties”), or to allow such Third Parties to gather information directly from you.
Some of this information that you provide to us or Third Parties may include your Personal Information. We may share your Personal Information with Third Parties in certain circumstances including the following situations:
- Consent: We will share Personal Information with Third Parties when we have a legitimate business interest, or we have your consent to do so. We will update this policy and inform you in the event of any material change in our information sharing practices.
- Third Parties: We provide your Personal Information to Third Parties who work with us to provide our Services. Our Services with which Third Parties may assist us include among other things, communicating with you about new or existing Higher Digital services, creating or maintaining our databases, researching or analyzing our users, or processing payment card information.
- Business Information: Your termination of any services with Higher Digital or our Partners will not result in our deletion of your Business Information, nor will we necessarily discontinue our use of your Business Information following your termination except as required by law. We will not provide your credit card information to any third party except as necessary to provide or assist our Services. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate any deletion and prevent our further use of your Business Information.
We reserve the right to share your Non-Personal Information publicly and with others. Transfers of your information shall at all times be in accordance with applicable law. Higher Digital disclaims any liability or obligation as a result of any third-party actions or omissions concerning your information, including those occurring as a result of our sharing and disclosure pursuant to this Section 5. We urge you to contact third parties directly with any issues you may have concerning their use of your information. Please see the section titled “Third Party Practices” below for more information on third-party use of your information.
Section 6. Cookies and Web Beacons.
We may use the services of web analytics companies to help us measure the effectiveness of our Services. To do this, we allow the web analytics companies to include Web beacons and cookies on the web pages of our Services. The type of information collected via such Web beacons and cookies includes click-throughs by users and other similar information. By supplementing our records, this information helps us learn things like user preferences, click-through rates, how to improve our Services, and what kinds of offers our users like to see. Although our web analytics companies log this information on our behalf, we control how that data may be used.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, some aspects of the Services may not function properly without cookies. If you would like more information about cookies and how to control and delete cookies in various browsers, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Opera and Chrome, please click here.
Section 7. Accessing, Reviewing and Changing Your Personal Information.
You can review and update your Personal Information by contacting us at email@example.com. Generally, we will not modify your Personal Information because it is very difficult to verify your identity remotely. Upon your request, we will remove your Personal Information in accordance with applicable law, subject to the limitations set forth elsewhere herein.
Section 8. Confidentiality and Security.
Section 9. Third Party Practices.
Our Partners and other Third Parties are obligated by applicable law to protect the privacy of certain types of data; however, we are not responsible for their actions or omissions, including the manner in which they use information that they receive from us. Nevertheless, if you feel that any of these Third Parties, or any other third party who claims association with Higher Digital, is improperly collecting or using information about you, we urge you to contact them directly and also to inform us by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third Party organizations we work with to provide services, and who might collect or store customers’ personal information, include the following:
- Microsoft, which provides us with cloud infrastructure, including applications and databases used to collect and store customer information. (Azure Privacy and Terms)
Section 10. Regarding Children.
We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). For more information about COPPA and children’s privacy, please click here. When we use the term “parent” below, we mean to include legal guardians.
Children under the age of 18
Our Service is not directed to children under the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you are prohibited from accessing the Services and may not give us any Personal Information or participate in any aspect of our Services. Except as may be required by law, we will not knowingly collect, maintain, or disclose any Personal Information from children under the age of 18.
We do not intentionally gather Personal Information about visitors or end-users who are under the age of 18. If you believe that we have collected Personal Information about a visitor or end-user who is under the age of 18, please contact us at email@example.com and such account and/or Personal Information will be deleted.
Section 11. Additional Terms.
California Privacy Rights Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits end users who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us at Higher Digital LLC, 1775 Tysons Boulevard, 5th Floor, Tysons, VA 22012.